We are excited to invite you to 14th International Performance-Based Design Conference & Expo to be delivered virtually March 23-25! More information will be available soon!
Call for Papers
Deadline: December 1, 2021
The SFPE 14th International Conference on Performance-Based Codes and Fire Safety Design Methods will be held on March 23-25, 2022. This conference is a forum to discuss emerging issues related to performance-based fire safety design. SFPE is currently seeking extended abstracts for conference presentations. The conference audience includes engineers, architects, designers, regulators, enforcers, insurers, developers, and building owners who have a role in developing or approving performance-based solutions to meet the regulatory and client needs within the built environment.
Presentations are being sought but not limited to the following representative topics:
- How fire and life safety performance should be measured and verified
- Fire safety strategies for tall buildings
- Building envelope (cladding, facades, etc.)
- Existing buildings, cultural heritage, etc.
- Tunnels, wildland (WUI), and bridges
- Fire safety related to energy efficiency and emerging technologies (ESS, photovoltaic panels, flammable refrigerants, electric vehicles, etc.).
- The application of performance-based design in mass timber construction projects
- Structural fire protection engineering (performance-based) methodologies
- Human behavior & evacuation (anthropometric studies, social distancing, mass evacuation, etc.)
- Probabilistic methodologies applied in a fire safety design
- The application of models in performance-based design (fire, human behavior, structural)
- Regulatory and administrative frameworks to support sustainability and resiliency objectives
- Submittal Requirements
Those wishing to be considered to present at the conference should submit an extended abstract (minimum two (2) pages, maximum four (4) pages), including figures and references) by December 1, 2021. The conference language is American English.
The extended abstracts will be published virtually on the SFPE website. Acceptance will be based on the completeness of the extended abstract in addressing the requirements identified below. Authors whose extended abstracts are accepted are encouraged to expand the content and submit full papers to Fire Technology, SFPEs official journal.
The extended abstracts should identify the a) title, b) topic being addressed, c) approach or methodology, and d) design implications or results and recommendations. References and citations shall be identified in the abstract. The program committee will consider all topics relevant to performance-based fire safety codes, the associated regulatory frameworks, and performance-based fire safety solutions.
Submit extended abstracts to Theona Salmon Ponder at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 1, 2021. If accepted, presentation slides will be due March 1, 2022.